Thursday, November 6, 2008

A note from the Mama!!!


It is fun to say that I am now part of the tough Mom's Club. Seriously I gained so much more respect for Moms. I think all agree that there is nothing more beautiful or wonderful than holding your baby for the first time. We sure have fallen in love quickly with our little babe. It hasn't even been a week yet but Steve and I can't imagine our life without our Cami Girl. We feel very lucky and very blessed.  She is our little ray of sunshine. I think Steve deserves "Labor Coach of the Year"  He was a huge help and I am really grateful for him. There is so much to LEARN!!!! In fact this is kind of embarrassing Cami had her first Dr. appointment. We get there and we realize we didn't bring her diaper bag. Then to make it worse. A super organized, super experienced Mom walks in. She is fully prepared with her super duper diaper bag. She pulls out the nail clippers, thermometer ,and even those plastic syringes.  First we felt very guilty then we laughed pretty hard. We will get better. ( I sure hope so )  

8 comments:

Sara Newton said...

No worries, after a while the diaper bag becomes another appendage. We still forget to pack extra clothes in case of a blow out or something crazy like that...eventually it comes together (by that point you'll be a grandparent and will have forgotten it all!

Layton family said...

Welcome to this wonderful new world. Makes you think your old life meant pretty much nothing! She is beautiful!

Bruce, Crystal and Sayla said...

Hi Alli & Steve,

We've been looking at all your pictures and getting updates from Aunt Jan! Congratulations - Cami is just beautiful! A precious & healthy little girl - what more could you ask for? We are so happy for you guys...it must be an amazing experience! We wish you the VERY best. Keep the pictures coming - I check the family blogs often! Love the story about being a new mom without the diaper bag...so cute!

XOXO Crystal

Cristen said...

Ha Ha! We did the EXACT same thing! We did feel pretty stupid right then, but it's something to look back on a laugh. Every day you learn something new about this parenting thing. I don't know that there's really any "experts" we just all try to do our best.

greg & allyson said...

Oh, she is so sweet! I just want to hold her! Good job on this little one :).---I had to laugh at your story...only because we've all been there. Thank goodness all the babies seem to survive and don't remember any of our mistakes...just that we loved them :)

Braziers said...

congrats alli, you are going to be the best mom. She is adorable!! Hopefully one day, we will meet her.

Chelle said...

Alli, oh my goodness! I can't even tell you how excited I am for you! I've been waiting to see pics of your beautiful baby girl--so glad to see she is home and you're both doing well! You can see why they call it "labor" now huh? It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life (unintentionally natural) but definitely the most rewarding. and I totally agree with you--you appreciate your own mom so much more and all she sacrificed for you once you become a mommy yourself and realize you'd do anything for your little girl! thanks for the updates, I look forward to seeing more pics!
Love, Michelle

Boyd and Becky Ann Kent said...

She's beautiful! I remember being a first time Mom and totally forgetting about James while he was napping. While busy doing something I'd hear some crying and remember...oh yeah, I have a baby. It definitely grows on you and then you can't remember life without them. You're going to be an awesome Mom!