Saturday, May 9, 2009

Here's to you!!!



For all you wonderful Mama's out there CHEERS!!!  WOW  I  have gained so much compassion for  all Mommies. When I see a Mom in the store trying to control their screaming child I want to go and give them a hug and say" I understand" or sometimes when I am rocking  Cami to sleep at 3:00 a.m. I just look at my window and think of all those Mama'a out there up doing the exact same thing. We try so hard to make our children's life beautiful . Moms need to give themselves more credit. I have come to the conclusion you are a good Mommy if your child laughed and smiled that day :} Don't be hard on yourself if you didn't check one single thing off your list that day. It's okay your little babe is happy that's what matters. I hope we all live in the moment more.  Our little babes grow up too fast . Speaking of Moms Just want to give a shout out to My wonderful Mama and my awesome Mother in law. My Mom is my best friend. All my sisters say the same thing. We love to call her. She just laughs and smiles and listens to us. She is very kind and very selfless. She has  so much faith. I guess that is why we love to call her .She always says " It is all going to work out" and it always does. She is such a strong individual and it is greatest example of living the gospel. She  got Miss Congeniality when she was growing up !! It fits. She is friends with everyone and she never judges.   My Mother in law Karen is wonderful. She is always so happy and so thoughtful . She truly cares about everyone and does all she can to serve and love others. I don't know how I got so lucky to have an amazing Mother in law. Steve and I joke that Karen could run for mayor and not have to do any campaigning  "Everyone loves her". She makes me laugh really hard too!!  I love you so much Mama MEIK and Mama SCHAACK !!!

5 comments:

Barb's blessings said...

I don't know your mother very well, but I know her daughter and she couldn't have raised you so well without being exceptional. But I do know your mother-in-law and I couldn't agree more. She is everyone's favorite. When my parents were alive, they always liked her best and Greg and I were okay with that because we liked her best too. If she decides to run for mayor, I will come and campaign for her. She has my vote. Happy Mother's day, Alli.

Love, Great Aunt Barb

Amy said...

I have 2 words for you "amen sista"

Russ and Megan said...

Alli..everything you described that you love about your mom are things that I totally love about you. You have obviously learned and inherited her greatest traits. I would vote you to be Miss Congeniality and you are always non-judgemental and everyone's best friend. Happy Mothers Day!!

Lisa said...

I agree with Megan. That was really fun to read, Alli. I hope you had an extra special day today--your first official Mother's Day! You are such a great example to all of us. I love being related to you!

Monique hayes said...

I would have to agree with you. Live in the moment. Stop and enjoy your family. It's not about your check list! In the end you will accomplish more.