Friday, September 19, 2008

Excited to see my PEEPS!!!


Many of you might know that I served my mission in TEXAS!!! Since we are going there for Christmas I get to visit many of  the people I was able to teach. They changed my life forever. When I first got my mission call I told myself I would never fall into the whole TEXAS PRIDE thing. Haha all I can say folks it's Contagious !!! I caught it quick and I fell hard. In fact after I returned home I hung the Texas flag over my bed in my apartment for years. The kindest, friendliest and funniest people I have ever met. I can honestly say on a hourly basis I was cracking up .( I promise I  really did preach the gospel too!!)  They will always have my heart :} I love TEXAS!!!!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

We are SO excited to get you here, Alli. I think it's so great that you've been able to set up visits with your mission friends. That will be so fun for you and them! I agree with initial reservations of buying into the whole Texas pride thing, but after living here for 4 years and realizing what a great place it is, I think it's great to have something to be proud of. Wouldn't it be sad if it were the opposite and you hated where you were from?

It's Been a Day! said...

ok, it's paige. thanks for commenting. first of all, i'm in love with your blog name. seriously, it's the best! where in texas did you serve? we live in texas now. and i love it. i never want to leave!

Brittany said...

What a cute picture...Was the hat standard dress code for Sister Missionaries??...If not...it Definitely Should Have Been. You have such a fun personality - I bet you were an amazing missionary!

Russ and Megan said...

We are also so excited for you guys to come visit this great state of TEXAS! Its really going to be so fun!

amber {and co.} said...

Yay for Texas! I totally forgot that you served there, what cities were you in? And where is Steve's family at? We're moving to San Antonio in May so if you're ever in that area we'll have to get together!

Kirsti said...

I have always wanted to be a Texas girl. The first time I went I didn't want to leave. And now everytime I go back it gets harder and harder to leave! So live it up for me! I wish I were going to be there for Christmas!!