Saturday, August 9, 2008

Making Something out of Nothing


So I always tell people that Alli has the ability to make something out of nothing. When I open the cupboards in the kitchen sometimes I say to myself we have nothing to eat. Then I turn around and Alli has made a full course meal. You want chocolate chip cookies but don't have the chocolate chips well have chocolate peanut butter cookies and use hot chocolate mix for your chocolate. They cookies sure taste good. 

Today the craftiness in Alli came out as she made the letters C A M I (what we are going to name our girl) to hang up in our other room. In stead of purchasing wooden block letters at the store she printed a very big letter off the computer and then cut it out and traced the letters onto fancy paper. So what was the fancy paper? Well she took old gift bags and traced the letters over that. Creative, I think so. She then went and lamented the letters and she hung them up in the room. 

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Wow - what a talent! If there is one skill to have it would be to be able to create such masterpieces out of merely nothing. I am super impressed. The Wall looks amazing!

amber {and co.} said...

Alli really is amazing! You married a great girl :) I love the name Cami, and I'm way impressed with Alli's wall decoration! Alli you wanna come do that for my nursery?? ;)